Thursday, January 12, 2012

Louisville CX Masters Worlds course


Louisville CX worlds course, originally uploaded by Andy Waterman.
I'm racing the World Masters this weekend for Rouleur. It is hellish. I'm not being melodramatic when I say its like the Somme.
My race is tomorrow, Friday. When we were at the course today it started snowing, and since then the temperature has dropped to 25f, which is somewhere in the minus figures in centigrade.
I.E. Fucking cold
I'm dreading it, and not just because it's cold and miserable, but because I'm really underprepared with what I could bring - no spare bike, no wheels, no bags of kit to keep me warm and dry.
You forget how much you rely upon being able to drive to races to take all the gear you need.
Also, since my training ride in the freezing rain this morning, I've got a really sore knee – as most of the course is only really passable on foot now that means PAIN.
One more hour of suffering and the season is over. I can't wait.
1326393122384 1326392002836 1326392836427

2 comments:

Dave Haygarth said...

It's got "Wish You Were Here" written all over it for me.

"I don't think we're in Ipswich any more, Tonto"

hamvas balint said...

Good luck, you'll need mad skillz for mastering all that mud.