Monday, May 05, 2008

New lens (not new bike...)

I just picked up a Sigma 30mm F1.4 lens. Pretty good deal: saw a price on camerapricebuster through Jessops, so ordered online, got an online discount price, and picked it up in the Croydon store an hour later. Sweet. Sigma lenses get pretty mixed reviews so I didn't really want to get it online incase I got a soft version and had to return it. This one seems ok so far.
I went and rode Bracknell today. Considering how hot it's been the last few days it's incredibly muddy in the woods. April showers taking their toll. I rode my longtermer (Giant Trance 1) whilst Muldoon broke in a new Specialized Stumpjumper carbon.
Here's where we rode: we spent quite a lot of time playing on the new(ish) jumpy trails, and in the jump gully. I'm getting better at getting my wheels off the ground but I still suck. Must try harder.

No comments: