Tuesday, October 19, 2010

National Cyclocross Rankings


National Rankings, originally uploaded by Andy Waterman.

As of this morning I am the 12th ranked cyclocross racer in the country. I know that the ranking system is somewhat skewed with wildly varying levels of points being offered at seemingly comparable events, but hey, that's not my fault, and I'm pretty chuffed with the current situation.
That ranking was helped by my scoring a second second place of the season on Sunday at the London League at Herne Hill. An incredible 150 riders started the senior race, showing just how popular cyclocross is becoming, especially when the racing is held at a venue as accessible as Herne Hill.
My race was pretty uneventful really, which is why I got such a good result. I didn't crash, I didn't have any mechanicals, I just plugged away and eventually found myself in second place, while the guys around me were falling off, smashing their bikes up and flatting.
Phil Jones made this silent movie of the race. There are quite a few comical moments in their if you've got the patience to sit through it all.

No comments: